Recycle your old watches with our partner Ecotempo
Whether it is a men's watch or a women's watch, a watch with an automatic or quartz movement, you are probably wondering: how can you give a second life to your watches? What should you do with your watches and jewelry that you no longer wear? Don't worry, Charlie Paris has a solution for you.
How to give a second life to your watches?
Since 2018, we have been collaborating with Eco-tempo, a watch and jewelry recycling sector, to give a second life to our watches because commitment , whether social or ecological, is one of Charlie Paris's strong values. Thanks to this collaboration we participate in the circular economy, so that used watches do not contribute to accelerating pollution but on the contrary are valued to be used differently. With our partner Eco tempo , we offer you a simple process for recycling your used watches. Whether they come from us or from another brand. To recycle your watches, you can return your old models to our store 53 rue Saint André des Arts, 75006 Paris or send them to us by post with this completed form
To thank you, we can offer you a 10% reduction on our site for any returned watch and 20% if it is a watch from us.
But what is Eco tempo?
Eco tempo is the first processing channel that allows companies and individuals to recycle their used watches and jewelry or simply those that are no longer needed and remain in the back of our cupboards. Eco tempo was created in 2010 with the desire to offer as many people as possible a sustainable and ecological solution for all these products which until then had no recycling solution suitable for this type of product. Eco tempo recycles and revalues more than 80% of the watches and bracelets they receive in their workshop/factory.
The recycling implemented by Ecotempo is broken down into four stages:
- Collection: We collect your used watches, whether they are from us or from another watch brand.
- Dismantling: Eco Tempo, with the help of the AG2I* association, dismantles watches, which offers a springboard towards employment for people in social or professional difficulties.
- Sorting: The different components of the watches such as the case, the glass, the leather and the batteries are sorted and reinserted into another production circuit.
- The recycling :
Certain components are reused in a specific range of second-hand products such as Comptoir Solidaire
Eco tempo in a few figures
- Since 2010, Eco Tempo has recycled more than 7 tonnes of watches and jewelry collected
- 3,330 eco-citizens and around ten watchmaking professionals, keen to recycle their watches and jewelry, who called on Eco Tempo.
- 20 watches are dismantled per hour, this is the average rate of all the young workers at the IME La Convention d'Auch (Medico-Educative Institute) for Eco Tempo.
Did you know ? For 1 ton of recycled watches:
- 634 kg of metals need to be sorted
- 67 kg of leather are treated as waste
- 11700 batteries are recovered
- 11,700 movements remain to be dismantled
An ecological action coupled with a social action
By recycling your used watches, in addition to making a gesture for the planet, you become an actor in supporting people in social difficulty thanks to collaboration with the Agir Durable program . Since the products received by Eco Tempo come from different models and brands, production cannot be automated and industrialized. The dismantling is therefore manual, and allows these people to be reintegrated socially and professionally.