Maybe you've heard of the watch face before? The face of a watch refers to one of its important parts: its dial. It may even be the origin of the purchase of your watch. But what is a watch face? What are the elements of a watch face? Don't worry, in this article Charlie Paris sheds light on the watch face.
- What is a watch face?
What size watch face for men and women to choose?
- Example of Charlie Paris watch faces
1. What is a watch face?
The watch face is the visible part of the front face of a watch. Also called "the face of the watch", it gives information about the time. An important part of the watch, it brings together many indications such as hours, minutes, seconds or even the date. The dial can take on many colors and different elements that give a particular signature to each of the watches, such as the logo for example.
Thus, it can be worked in different ways to dress your wrist with style. There are therefore endless possibilities of watch faces, and that is precisely what is interesting! There are different materials to dress a watch face: steel, enamel, mother-of-pearl, wood or even ceramic. White, black, blue, green, gray, yellow or even red. With a sunray, sandblasted, matte, shiny or brushed finish. With a classic dial or an open heart which leaves the mechanism visible. So many possibilities to meet everyone's tastes!
These elements are generally found for each analog watch face:
- The indexes which refer to the hour markings on the dial of a watch. They can replace the Roman numerals or the Arabic numerals which are also used to display the time.
- The dial can also consist of counters. For example, a chronograph counter is an element of the dial which makes it possible to indicate the number of revolutions that the chronograph hand makes on the dial.
- The window which is a small opening located on the dial of a watch. which generally gives the date but can also indicate the day of the week for example.
- The watch brand logo which is usually located at 12 o'clock on the top of the watch face
- We can also find other elements written on the dial of the watch such as the words "Automatic" or "Waterproof", "Made in France" or "Swiss Made".
2. Which size of female or male watch face to choose?
Have you noticed a watch model that suits you, but you don't know which size watch to choose for your wrist? Charlie Paris gives you his tips for choosing a watch size suitable for your wrist.
The diameter of the case is an important component to consider when purchasing a watch, but one should also consider the size of the watch from horn to horn. The horns are the small fasteners on which the watch straps are attached.
- We advise you to opt for a watch whose lugs do not protrude from your wrist to avoid an impression of overload.
- Also take into account the thickness of the watch. For the same watch diameter, a thick watch will have a larger volume and appear much larger than a very thin watch.
The size of the watch case is an important consideration when purchasing a watch.
- For a wrist of 15cm or less we recommend a watch that has a case diameter of up to 32mm. Our little one Ladies watchSully would be perfect for you!
- For a wrist size ranging from 15 to 17 cm, a case between 28 mm and 36 mm will fit you like a glove. In this case, our Initial 36 or Aurore watches will adapt perfectly to your wrist.
- For a wrist circumference between 16 and 18cm, choose watch cases with a diameter between 36 and 44mm. All our men's watchesare included in this range.
- If your wrist circumference is greater than 19cm you can afford to opt for larger cases ranging from 42mm to 50mm.
We hope this article has inspired you to find the watch you want. We invite you to visit our site to discover all of our french watches !
3. Our watch faces, by Charlie Paris
All our Charlie Paris watches are designed, designed and assembled in France. Through each of our models, we try to pass on our passion for watchmaking to you and to offer you a variety of models to best meet your expectations.
At Charlie Paris we offer you different watch faces, while using quality components and at a fair price, let us show you some of them ...
Initial automatic watches: Our Initial collection corresponds to our automatic watches for men and women. The initial 36 for women is available with a champagne-colored or white dial. For men the Initial is available with a white or blue dial. Automatic Initial is also available in an open heart version. The white or blue open heart initial displays the steel-colored 24 hour counter at nine o'clock. The transparent seconds counter lets you glimpse the movement of the watch with the small blue seconds hand. In the center of these two dials you can see what is called the open heart of the watch. You can appreciate the cogs of the movement of your watch with a ruby at its center which reduces friction phenomena. The logo, located at noon, consists of the steel stork and the Charlie Paris written in black. The indexes on this watch are made of steel and just behind them is the watch rail which tells you the seconds. For women, the Initial 36 open heart is available in rose gold and silver versions.
Horizon chronograph watch:The Horizon with blue, black or white dial is our chronograph watch. The Horizon watch has three hands, the hour and minute hands, and the large blue second hand corresponds to the stopwatch function indicating the elapsing seconds. The counter at noon shows the elapsed minutes and the one at six o'clock corresponds to the seconds of the watch. At three o'clock, there is a small opening called a window which displays the date, on this watch it is a window with an applique. At nine o'clock, we find the Charlie Paris logo written in black with the steel stork. The indexes for indicating the hours and minutes are made of steel, as is the railroad for the seconds. The Horizon is also available with a blue dial and a yellow second hand. We also released a limited edition, the Horizon blue Tachymeter watch, on a 1000 meter basis. This complication is visible in orange along the railroad of the watch.
GR men's watch:The Grande Randonnée watch is a waterproof men's watch with an interchangeable strap. It has a design inspired by the past but with a resolutely modern sporty character. In quartz or automatic versions, this watch is available with a green, black, blue, white, sand or white and blue dial. On the dial of this watch the time is indicated with the help of the numbers 1 to 12. All around the dial of the watch there is a railroad which corresponds to a minute scale. Our limited edition, the GR Urbex has a brushed gray dial with embossed hour number and sub-counter.