In both practical and aesthetic terms, the watch is an essential object of our daily life. But it also makes sense, in fact, when one buys a watch, one buys an object but also the whole universe and the values of the mark of watch and ecology can have an important place there. At Charlie Paris, we are convinced that we owe it to us, as a brand of today and tomorrow, to have a committed and responsible approach. Today, in the world of watchmaking, many initiatives are being launched, environmental commitments and eco-responsible behaviour are increasing. A virtuous approach to which customers, brands and manufacturers are taking part. But what is an ecological watch? Team Charlie Paris gives you its opinion on the subject.
- Eco-responsible watch, second hand watch
- Monster eco-responsible, a watch that lasts over time
- The initiatives of our mark in favour of the environment
- Eco-responsible innovations in watchmaking
1. Eco-responsible watch, a second hand watch
The fact of producing any product requires energy and therefore raw materials and therefore pollutes the planet. If we look at even the manufacture of our steel needles, if we take the whole chain, it requires dozens of speakers and hundreds of machines for their manufacturing. So, according to us, an ecological watch is an occasional watch, a watch of second hand, a watch that has already been produced and used. We believe that this is the most ecological. If you are looking to buy the most environmentally friendly watch, you can buy a watch already produced on the second-hand market like on Leboncoin, Vinted or Chrono24 for example. In recent years, the market for luxury watch-making is a lot developed.
2. Eco-responsible watch, a watch that lasts over time
The watch is a jewel that you like to offer to your loved ones or to yourself, and it is generally of great sentimental value. An occasional watch therefore does not necessarily correspond to your expectations if you are looking for a watch offered on a very special occasion
In our view, therefore, an ecological watch must, above all, be a time-sensitive watch. A watch that has been kept for years. Thanks to the quality of its components as well as its design which must be able to cross the years. Starting from the principle that producing/buying a new watch pollutes, it is better to offer a beautiful watch that you will keep long as you buy a watch not expensive but of less good quality every year.
It should be noted that for long keeping a watch it is important to take care of it, we have written one Article on this subject.
3. Initiatives of our mark in favour of the environment
At Charlie Paris, we are committed to taking eco-responsible initiatives in order to have a positive impact on daily life, both societal and environmental. But nothing is perfect, which is why we present you today our various responsible actions with a lot of sobriety and humility.
- Made in France watches: All our watches Charlie Paris, for men and women, are drawn and assembled locally in France, near Besançon, by professional and experienced watchmakers.
- A model of sustainable and sustainable production: at Charlie Paris nE we develop mainly live, without intermediaries, so that everything is produced at the most fair, without overproduction with a balance between permanent collections and very limited editions. And we are still investing more on the quality and sustainability of our products by maintaining affordable prices.
- Of Interchangeable bracelets: To respond to our eco-responsible approach, we propose on all our French watches Interchangeable bracelets. You can choose our blue nylon watch bracelet or choose a Milanese mesh strap with the color of your watch. For leathers, we work mainly with vegetable tanned leather which is more environmentally friendly.
- We have also developed an eco-friendly packaging: Our clippings are manufactured by an ISO14001 certified partner, which guarantees an efficient and environmental management of the company. They are made from recycled cardboard, ABS which is a recyclable polymer and with solvent-free glue. They are then transported by boat, which is the most environmentally friendly means of transport. The paper we use is FSC certified on our packaging to ensure that wood production respects the procedures guaranteeing sustainable forest management.
- We also propose to recycle your watches while providing support to those in difficulty. Indeed, we participate in the circular economy so that used watches do not help to accelerate pollution, but on the contrary are valued to be used differently. With our partnerEcoTempo, we offer you a simple process of recycling your used watches. Much remains to be done, but we are delighted to be part of this movement for change.
As for watches, we have developed over the years the collections of watch with movements which are in our view more ecological with:
The essential mechanical watch is an environmentally friendly and sustainable product because to operate it uses the energy created by its owner when it carries it.
- A collection of solar watch. These Men's watches And women work thanks to the energy of the sun, which is captured thanks to photovoltaic sensors, installed under the dial. A few hours of sunshine allow the battery to be loaded for several weeks.
4. Eco-responsible innovations in watchmaking
Eco-responsibility is a direction that companies are gradually taking and the ecology has begun to invest the market watchmaker for some time. Different types of ecological watches are developing and some brands make watches and watch straps from recycled plastic or wood. Some watches use bio-based materials such as castor seeds for their dial and watch case. Other companies choose to remit a percentage of their turnover in favour of environmental associations. If at Charlie Paris we have not (yet) taken these kinds of initiatives, we are aware and happy that the actions are moving in the right direction. Nevertheless, we are trying to make progress on a daily basis, bearing in mind the impact that we can have on society and the ecological actions that we can carry out.
In conclusion, the primary concerns of the clock industry are changing as consumers, and in particular, " Millennials " Want more and more brands committed to the environment. However, a paradox remains, with few consumers claiming to be sensitive to eco-responsible products acting in this direction at the time of purchase. The real challenge today is to reduce the gap between intention and action!